Evil Encryption, CyberSec Funding, Market Downturns, & Crypto Muggings – ESW #274
In the Enterprise Security News: The latest cybersecurity fundraising, We discuss the impact of the market downturn on the cybersecurity startup industry, Crypto muggings, Security researchers researching researchers simulating attackers, & Evil Encryption!
Security Weekly listeners, save $100 on your RSA Conference 2022 Full Conference Pass! RSA Conference will be live in San Francisco June 6th-9th, 2022. Security Weekly will be there in full force, delivering real-time, live coverage and interviewing some of the event’s top speakers and sponsors. To register using our discount code, please visit https://securityweekly.com/rsac2022 and use the code 52UCYBER. We hope to see you there!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
- 1. FUNDING: Enterprise Data Protection Company Seclore Raises $27 Million
- 2. FUNDING: Pangea Cyber Secures $25M Series A to Launch API-based Cloud Security Services for Application Builders
- 3. FUNDING: StackHawk Raises $20.7 Million in Series B Funding for Developer-First Application and API Security Testing as Market Demand Soars for Better Security
- 4. FUNDING: Investors Funnel Capital into Xage as Critical Infrastructure Organizations Take Action to Block Cyberattacks$6M extension to $30M Series B. Total funding $60M. Aiming to secure ICS with Blockchain.
- 5. FUNDING: BalkanID Unveils AI-Powered Identity Governance and Administration Solution for SaaS and Public Cloud Environments$5.75M in Seed Funding. Uses AI to identify risky entitlements and simplify access review.
- 6. FUNDING: Sunday Security Lands $4M to Protect the World’s Executive Teams Beyond the Enterprise Perimeter
- 7. TRENDS: Meritech Capital / 2022 SaaS Crash
- 8. TRENDS: Tiger Global & SoftBank Bet the Farm
- 9. TRENDS: Clouded Judgement 5.13.22
- 10. TRENDS: Crypto Muggings
- 11. TRENDS: ‘Tourist’ investors haven’t fled VC, but there are signs of a tactical retreat
- 12. STARTUPS: Scaling from $1 to $10 million ARR
- 13. SQUIRREL: Targeted npm dependency confusion attack caught red-handedSnyk, the second-largest cybersecurity unicorn, valued at nearly $9B thought it had caught some npm typo-squatting. In a hilarious turn of events, CodeWhite, a security consulting firm, informed Snyk that they actually stumbled across one of their red-team engagements!
- 14. SQUIRREL: 666 Encryption!