Glyptodons, Mandiant Rumors, Virtual CISOs, Log4j Testimony, & A Cyber Safety Board – ESW #260
Finally, in the Enterprise Security News, Security automation startup Cerby raises $12M,
Virtual CISO startup Cynomi raises 3.5M to help SMBs automate cybersecurity, Keeper Security acquires Glyptodon (I’m 90% certain Keeper hasn’t just purchased the remains of an ancient, long-extinct armadillo), SecurityScorecard acquires LIFARS, a DFIR consulting firm, There’s a rumor that Microsoft is considering picking up Mandiant with all the extra cash still laying around after the Activision/Blizzard buy, & DHS launches the first-ever cyber safety review board!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
Don't forget to check out our library of on-demand webcasts & technical trainings at securityweekly.com/ondemand.
- 1. FUNDING: Security automation startup Cerby raises $12M to secure non-IT-managed apps
- 2. FUNDING: Virtual CISO startup Cynomi raises $3.5M to help SMBs automate cybersecurity – TechCrunch
- 3. ACQUISITION: Keeper Security acquires Glyptodon to enhance privileged access management platform
- 4. ACQUISITION: SecurityScorecard Acquires LIFARS; Empowers Organizations with a Complete View of Cyber Risk and an Accelerated Path to Cyber Resilience
- 5. RUMOR: Microsoft Considers Pursuing a Deal for Cybersecurity Firm Mandiant
- 6. STATS: CYBERSECURITY ALMANAC - The annual Cybersecurity Almanac is always a _momentous_ occasion, and never more so than this year, with 2021 numbers being completely bonkers. The most interesting statement to me? "Investment In Cyber Is Keeping Pace With Threats" If our "investment in Cyber" was doing any good, wouldn't you expect the investment to _outpace_ the threats? With threats and breaches keeping pace, I think it's as clear as ever that cybersecurity isn't a problem we can simply spend our way out of.
- 7. FEDERAL: Cisco’s Chief Security and Trust Officer Testifies About Log4J - Brad Arkin, Cisco's CISO (CSTO?) had a chance to testify before congress regarding Cisco's performance addressing Log4j vulnerabilities, and the general impact to the industry. This Twitter thread is well worth a read-through.
- 8. FEDERAL: DHS Launches First-Ever Cyber Safety Review Board - https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/02/03/dhs-launches-first-ever-cyber-safety-review-board
- 9. SQUIRREL: Florida man steals car; train sends it crashing into house - The homeowners were fine, but “the explosive sound of a driverless car smashing into the side of their home was clearly jolting,” the sheriff’s office said.