Gov’t Tackles Ransomware, Passwordstate Backdoor, & BinD Updates – Wrap Up – SWN #118
Full episode and show notes
In the Security Weekly News Wrap Up for this week: Government intervention in Ransomware, Joe Biden's response to Russia, Passwordstate, AI, Mitre, Chrome, contaminated instruments, and Dr. Doug's Favorite Threat of the Week!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. Multi-Gov Task Force Plans to Take Down the Ransomware Economy
- 2. Analysis
- 3. ATT&CK® for Containers now available!
- 4. Apple AirDrop Vulnerability Exposes Users’ Personal Information
- 5. Google Chrome V8 Bug Allows Remote Code-Execution
- 6. When Windows bug fixes go bad, IT can now roll back individual changes
- 7. Passwordstate Password Manager Update Hijacked to Install Backdoor on Thousands of PCs
- 8. ISC Releases Security Advisory for BIND
- 9. Sound Engineer Descends Into 9-Hour Trip After Fixing ’60s Radio Equipment Covered In LSD