Lacework Layoffs, Anti-Hacking Law, The Security Study Plan, & StackZone – ESW #275
This week in the Enterprise News: Lacework lays off approx 300 employees, US Narrows Scope of Anti-Hacking Law Long Hated by Critics, Security Study Plan, DevSecOps Vulnerability Management by Guardrails, StackZone, Cipherloc Acquires vCISO Security Services Provider SideChannel, Broadcom to Buy VMware for $61 Billion in Record Tech Deal, Cyscale raises EUR 3 million in Seed Funding Round, & more!
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
- 1. FUNDING: Certora Announces $36 million Series B funding round led by Jump Crypto
- 2. FUNDING: Dig Security raises $11 million in Seed funding for cloud data detection and response solution
- 3. FUNDING: LimaCharlie Secures 5.45 Million in Seed Funding Led by Susa Ventures
- 4. FUNDING: Cyscale raises EUR 3 million in Seed Funding Round
- 5. FUNDING: BEMO Raises $3M in Seed — Gula Tech Adventures
- 6. ACQUISITIONS: Broadcom to Buy VMware for $61 Billion in Record Tech Deal
- 7. ACQUISITIONS: Carlyle to Acquire ManTech in All-Cash Transaction Valued at Approximately $4.2 Billion
- 8. ACQUISITIONS: Pathlock Secures $200M; Completes Merger with Appsian and Security Weaver
- 9. ACQUISITIONS: Thales signs an agreement with Sonae Investment Management to acquire S21sec and Excellium, reinforcing its cybersecurity activities
- 10. ACQUISITIONS: Cipherloc Acquires vCISO Security Services Provider SideChannel – MSSP Alert
- 11. ACQUISITIONS: ThriveDX snaps up education platform provider Lucy Security – SiliconANGLE
- 12. NEW PRODUCTS: StackZone
- 13. NEW PRODUCTS: DevSecOps Vulnerability Management by Guardrails
- 14. TRENDS: Everyone is drafting their own startup Black Swan memo – TechCrunch - I've got two movie quotes for this one: "Buckle in, it's going to be a bumpy ride" or "Hold on to your butts", depending on what generation you're from.
- 15. LAYOFFS: Lacework lays off approx 300 employees – Gergely Orosz on Twitter - Content of the tweet: Just in: @Lacework - data-driven security platform for the cloud - lays off ~300 employees, about 20% of staff today. The layoffs come 6 months after the company raised $1.8B, valued at $8.3B. Some people let go were hired 1-2 months ago. Company yet to post an announcement.
- 16. LAYOFFS: Tripwire’s new owner lays off dozens, three months after buying the Portland tech company
- 17. LEGAL: US Narrows Scope of Anti-Hacking Law Long Hated by Critics - The Justice Department pinkie swears they won't go after security researchers with CFAA in the future!
- 18. LEARNING: Security Study Plan - This Github repo has study plans for: Common Skills for Security AWS Security GCP Security Azure Security DevSecOps Docker Security Kubernetes Security Penetration Testing Application Security Testing API Security Network Security
- 19. SQUIRREL: HarpoCrates Pitchdeck: Remote Administration as a Service - Kelly posted this on LinkedIn, and apparently some folks didn't sense the sarcasm. Some of us appreciated the satire.