Noname Security, JFrog Acquires Vdoo, Micro Segmentation, & AWS Buys Wickr – ESW #233
This week, In the Enterprise News, Atos launches thinkAI, AWS welcomes Wickr to the team, U.S. DoD approves two (ISC)² certifications as requirements for staff, JFrog to acquire Vdoo, & more!
Don't miss any of your favorite Security Weekly content! Visit https://securityweekly.com/subscribe to subscribe to any of our podcast feeds and have all new episodes downloaded right to your phone! You can also join our mailing list, Discord server, and follow us on social media & our streaming platforms!
Don't forget to check out our library of on-demand webcasts & technical trainings at securityweekly.com/ondemand.
- 1. 42Crunch integrates with Postman to provide enterprises with continuous API protection - Okay, so nothing other than this on the integration: "42Crunch has announced an integration of its API security services with Postman, the API collaboration platform for developers." Would love to hear more about how this helps...
- 2. EclecticIQ Platform delivers threat intelligence, hunting, and response capabilities - "This intelligence focuses on attackers’ tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) – not just indicators of compromise (IOCs) – to reduce alerts and reveal asymptomatic threats that may lurk in the environment. Collaboration is another vital aspect of intelligence. To reduce isolation and encourage sharing of insights and findings, the platform provides tools that promote collaboration internally – within security operations, across teams – and externally across organizations and industries."
- 3. U.S. DoD approves two (ISC)² certifications as requirements for cybersecurity staff - "Following approval by the DoD Senior Information Security Officer and a recommendation by the Cyber Workforce Advisory Group (CWAG) Certification Committee, the HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP) and the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certifications are the latest additions to the DoD 8570 Approved Baseline Certifications table that is publicly available on the DoD Cyber Exchange website."
- 4. JFrog to acquire Vdoo to expand its end-to-end DevOps platform offering - "As part of the JFrog Platform, Vdoo will accelerate JFrog’s vision of becoming the company behind all software updates and creating a world of Liquid Software by expanding its end-to-end DevOps Platform offering, providing holistic security from the development environment all the way to edges, IoT and devices. Vdoo’s security experts and vulnerability researchers will join the JFrog team to continue to develop advanced security solutions for developers and security engineers."
- 5. Zero trust unicorn Illumio closes $225M Series F led by Thoma Bravo - Best description ever: "Illumio, a self-styled zero trust unicorn, has closed a $225 million Series F funding round at a $2.75 billion valuation. The round was led by Thoma Bravo, which recently bought cybersecurity vendor Proofpoint for $12.3 billion, and supported by Franklin Templeton, Hamilton Lane and Blue Owl Capital. The round lands more than two years after Illumio’s Series E funding round in which it raised $65 million and fueled speculation of an impending IPO." - I really want a self-styled, zero-trust unicorn, where can I buy one?
- 6. AWS welcomes Wickr to the team - We've always needed to communicate securely: "With the move to hybrid work environments, due in part to the COVID-19 pandemic, enterprises and government agencies have a growing desire to protect their communications across many remote locations"
- 7. eSentire Acquires CyFIR; Launches Cyber Investigation Services – MSSP Alert - "CyFIR, founded in 2018, has 16 employees listed on LinkedIn, and was backed by debt funding of under $1 million, according to PitchBook. The company’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., will become eSentire’s second U.S.-based Technical Center of Excellence."
- 8. Untangle Addresses Need For Threat Prevention at the Network Edge with Launch of SD-WAN Router 3.1 - "New security package that prevents malware, viruses, and other malicious traffic with minimal visibility into network traffic. Threat Prevention will assess and block dangerous types of network traffic even when the traffic is encrypted. Other types of protective features often require SSL Inspection which adds undesired CPU overheads."
- 9. SonicWall launches three enterprise-grade firewalls
- 10. Atos launches ThinkAI to power artificial intelligence applications - "ThinkAI is for organizations using traditional high-performance computing that want to run more accurate and faster simulations thanks to AI applications, and also for those developing AI applications that need more computing power."
- 1. FUNDING: Noname Security closes $60M Series B to eliminate API flaws - Along with HUMAN and [redacted], this is another startup that's getting perhaps too clever with branding...
- 2. FUNDING: Symmetry Systems Pushes Data Security After $15M Series A - The company makes DataGuard, a product that aims to provide a holistic view of data for compliance and security use cases
- 3. FUNDING: Drata raises $25M Series A to expand its security compliance platform – TechCrunch
- 4. FUNDING: Zero trust unicorn Illumio closes $225M Series F led by Thoma Bravo – TechCrunch - Is microsegmentation a thing yet? If it was, I think we'd be talking about Illumio's S-1, not a Series F from a private equity firm. IMO, any efforts that might be spent on microsegmentation has likely now been redirected to Zero Trust projects.
- 5. FUNDING: Deduce raises $10M to protect accounts from takeover - Startup focused on account takeover fraud, using the most common product name in InfoSec: "Insight"
- 6. FUNDING: Phylum Closes $4.5M in Seed Funding and Comes Out of Stealth Mode
- 7. FUNDING: Bit Discovery Raises $4 Million Series B as Attack Surface Management Gains Momentum – Bit Discovery Blog - Wasn't expecting to see a record size for a Series B on the lower end, but knowing the Bit Discovery team and their approach, it's a positive thing and totally makes sense.
- 8. FUNDING: Symmetry Systems nabs $15M to block data breaches - https://venturebeat-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/venturebeat.com/2021/06/23/symmetry-systems-nabs-15m-to-block-data-breaches/amp/
- 9. IPO: SentinelOne aiming to raise over $1 billion at more than $8 billion valuation after hiking IPO price range - That's a heck of a valuation...
- 10. ACQUISITION: AWS is buying encrypted messaging service Wickr – TechCrunch - https://techcrunch.com/2021/06/25/aws-is-buying-encrypted-messaging-service-wickr/
- 11. TRENDS: Investors Eye Emerging Cybersecurity Space As APIs Explode
- 12. TOOLS: Tines: Automate any repetitive process