PyPI Malware, PetitPotam Attack, NSA Device Guidance, & Meteor Wiper – Wrap Up – SWN #138
Full episode and show notes
This week Dr. Doug talks: Patching, PetitPotam, Elon, Microsoft Defender, Ransomware rules, Meteor, and more, on this edition of the Security Weekly News Wrap up Show!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. CISA’s Top 30 Bugs: One’s Old Enough to Buy Beer
- 2. New PetitPotam attack allows take over of Windows domains
- 3. New destructive Meteor wiper malware used in Iranian railway attack
- 4. NSA Issues Guidance on Securing Wireless Devices in Public Settings
- 5. PyPI packages caught stealing credit card numbers, Discord tokens
- 6. US Government Unlikely to Ban Ransomware Payments
- 7. Phishing, Viruses Continue to Dominate the Malware Landscape
- 8. Microsoft Teams gets more Phishing Protection!
- 9. Windows 11 closer to release, latest build enters Beta Channel
- 10. Elon Musk says Tesla drivers can now subscribe to ‘Full Self-Driving.’ But he isn’t sure they should.