SentinelOne IPO, Cloudflare Integrations, D3FEND, & Rumble Network Discovery – ESW #232
This week In the Enterprise News: Smoothwall Acquires eSafe Global, LookingGlass Cyber Announces Acquisition of AlphaWave, Vectra Launches Detect for AWS, SentinelOne announces IPO, & Building a Better Internet with Code BGP, and more!
Security Weekly is more than happy to announce that we will be at InfoSec World 2021 IN PERSON October 25th-27th, 2021! This year, our annual partnership with InfoSec World is extra special, as we are both business units under the CyberRisk Alliance brand! What does that mean for Security Weekly listeners & InfoSec World attendees? You will get to see and hear from many of the Security Weekly team at the event AND you will save 20% off on your world pass! Visit https://securityweekly.com/isw2021 to register using our discount code!
- 1. Neo4j’s $325M funding round lifts fortunes of graph database industry
- 2. Smoothwall Acquires eSafe Global
- 3. Ping Identity : Announces the Acquisition of SecuredTouch to Accelerate Identity Fraud Capabilities
- 4. LookingGlass Cyber Announces Acquisition of AlphaWave
- 5. Splunk raises $1B from Silver Lake as it refocuses growth strategy on the cloud
- 6. Vectra Launches Detect for AWS - " Detect for AWS is a cloud-native SaaS solution that provides continuous, scalable agentless threat detection, prioritisation, investigation, and response to attacks targeting applications running on AWS, as well as users, compute, and storage instances, including the use on AWS of the control plane itself. Detect for AWS works both at runtime and holistically across all AWS regions and does not require packet mirroring."
- 7. Aqua Security Launches on AWS CloudFormation Public Registry for IaC Automation - "The Aqua validated CloudFormation templates for multiple resource types radically simplify provisioning and deploying modules as customers scale and help them easily upgrade as new versions of the Aqua Cloud Native Security Platform are released. "
- 8. Claroty raises $140M to expand into new regions and enhance its product portfolio
- 9. SentinelOne announces IPO
- 10. Securitize raises $48M to expand into digital asset securities market
- 11. SecurID’s enhancements allow organizations to strategize for the future of IAM - "The SecurID access management platform provides enterprises with a single, enterprise-grade, scalable, and secure way to account for employees, customers, and vendors: over the last quarter, the service’s daily cloud authentications grew by 338% versus the same time last year."
- 12. Ping Identity acquires SecuredTouch, accelerates identity fraud capabilities
- 13. Pondurance acquires Bearing Cybersecurity to help clients assess and remediate security gaps
- 14. Cloudflare integrates with Microsoft, Splunk, Datadog, and Sumo Logic - "Now, businesses will be able to funnel security insights from Cloudflare directly into their preferred analytics platform to easily analyze in the context of their entire technology stack – without the cost or complexity of building custom integrations."
- 15. Transmit Security raises $543M to accelerate its mission of helping the world go passwordless
- 16. Skybox Security enables proactive vulnerability remediation across hybrid environments - "This latest release makes vulnerability management more precise and efficient by presenting numerous remediation alternatives beyond patching. Available now, Skybox identifies remediation options to pinpoint the best course of action. This innovation advances Skybox’s mission to proactively secure complex hybrid and multi-cloud networks through a single platform approach to security policy management and vulnerability and threat management."
- 1. FUNDING: Building a Better Internet with Code BGP - IDS for BGP, it's about time!
- 2. FUNDING: Transmit Security raises $543M Series A to kill off the password – TechCrunch - This is a series A larger than many VC firms' entire funds! I checked - this isn't just big for cybersecurity - it's a big Series A by any measure. In the last year, the only other US Series A I could find that was bigger was a company called Perch, that sells and grows third-party D2C brands that sell through Amazon.
- 3. FUNDING: Industrial cybersecurity firm Claroty raises $140 million from investors - A big Series D for the OT security world, especially considering that OT is fairly niche in the larger cybersecurity world.
- 4. FUNDING: Startup Arctic Wolf Valued Above $4 Billion in New Investment - Arctic Wolf has emerged from the boom in managed services as a leader and this growth is evidence of that. They've already raised nearly $350m to date, with the last round a $200m Series E. That suggests an even larger forthcoming Series F, also backed by Viking Global Investors, a global hedge fund based in Connecticut.
- 5. TOOLS: NSA Funds Development, Release of D3FEND - A matrix of mitigations to match MITRE ATT&CK
- 6. TOOLS: Rumble Network Discovery 2.3 - Rumble is doing so much amazing stuff at such a fast pace! No one else comes even close to some of the stuff Rumble has done over the past 2 years. Release 2.3 brings a new RFC1918 coverage report that keeps track of which internal IPv4 subnets have been discovered, which are unscanned but are hinted at by discovered assets, and which are still uncharted territory. This report includes links to run new scans of the unmapped networks using Rumble’s lightning-fast subnet sampling feature.
- 7. STANDARDS: Biden’s executive order on cybersecurity should include behavior transparency – TechCrunch - SBOMs aren't enough! Great argument here for vendors to not only provide detailed baselines for their products' behavior but to provide it in a format that's easily consumable by security monitoring products!