Side Eye Toddler NFT, Zix Phishing, VCenter Redux, Auntie M, & Safepal Fraud – SWN #153
Full episode and show notes
This Week in the Security News: The Side Eye Toddler, Zix, Clubhouse, VCenter redux, Auntie M, Safepal, Virgil Griffith, the FBI, & the Expert Commentary of Jason Wood!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. Credential Spear-Phishing Uses Spoofed Zix Encrypted Email
- 2. 3.8 Billion Users’ Combined Clubhouse, Facebook Data Up for Sale
- 3. CISA: Wide Exploitation of New VMware vCenter Server Flaw Likely
- 4. New Microsoft Exchange service mitigates high-risk bugs automatically
- 5. Malicious ‘Safepal Wallet’ Firefox add-on stole cryptocurrency
- 6. Ethereum dev admits to helping North Korea evade crypto sanctions
- 7. When the FBI seizes your messages from Big Tech, you may not know it for years
- 8. Finally impressed? NFT of side-eyeing toddler meme fetches over $74,000 in cryptocurrency.
Senior Researcher at CrowdStrike
- 1. UK umbrella payroll firm GiantPay confirms it was hit by ‘sophisticated’ cyber-attackGiant Umbrella contractors suffer salary payment delays following suspected ‘data breach’ https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252507227/Giant-Umbrella-contractors-suffer-salary-payment-delays-following-suspected-data-breach