Sinclair Outage, ISC Squared, TianFu Winnings, Faux FBI Sites, & Phishing For 0-Days – SWN #159
Full episode and show notes
This week, Dr. Doug talks: Sinclair, Ransomware, angry governors, ISC-square, Tian Fu, Fake Government sites, robot umpires, along with the returning Expert Commentary of Jason Wood on this Edition of the Security Weekly News!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. Sinclair Confirms Ransomware Attack That Disrupted TV Stations
- 2. Israeli hospital cancels non-urgent procedures following ransomware attack
- 3. Missouri governor criticized for confusing vulnerability disclosure with criminal hacking
- 4. (ISC)² Plans Entry-Level Certification for Aspiring Security Pros
- 5. Twitter Suspends Accounts Used to Snare Security Researchers
- 6. $1.9 Million Paid Out for Exploits at China’s Tianfu Cup Hacking Contest
- 7. FBI warns of fake govt sites used to steal financial, personal data
- 8. Would robot umpires have prevented the Wilmer Flores Giants-Dodgers controversy?
Founder; Primary Consultant at Paladin Security