The Dark Side, CISO Transition, & Communicate in Bursts – BSW #194
In the Leadership and Communications section, The Dark Side Of Authentic Leadership, Why CISOs must be students of the business, Top IT certifications and degrees to help you advance your career, and more.
Join Amit Bareket, Co-founder & CEO of Perimeter 81 & Paul Asadoorian for a technical deep-dive into the problems inherent in legacy VPN technology. Together they will explore solutions for the modern workforce & how momentum toward perimeter-less architecture is helping redefine the future of cybersecurity. Register Now by visiting https://securityweekly.com/perimeter81
Tomorrow is the big day! The virtual doors open for the first-ever Security Weekly Unlocked virtual event at 10:30am and the last round table should end around 9:30pm! We have an outstanding line-up of presenters, who will be answering questions LIVE in our Discord server during their presentations! Make sure you register for this FREE event before it's too late! Visit https://securityweekly.com/unlocked to view the line-up and register!
- 1. Top IT certifications and degrees to help you advance your career - Some of IT's most valuable certifications for career development today include: - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - CCIE Data Center: - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) - CompTIA A+ - Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - Project Management Professional (PMP) - Oracle Certified Professional - Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) - AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- 2. Successful Remote Teams Communicate in Bursts - With the Covid-19 pandemic ongoing, the move to an online workplace has become widespread and may well endure. But, as many organizations are learning, managing the flow of communication among remote teams is tricky. Our latest research findings have led to insights that can help. They center on the concepts of burstiness, information diversity, and physiological synchrony, attention to which can foster creativity, streamline processes, reduce the stress of multi-tasking, and improve team performance.
- 3. Why CISOs must be students of the business - Technical expertise will only get you so far. To earn a seat at the executive table, today's CISOs need to understand their business.
- 4. What NOT to Do in Your First 90 Days as a CISO – Security Boulevard - So, what SHOULD your first 90 days look like? 1. Listen, learn and build relationships 2. Assess current cybersecurity posture 3. Create a strategic roadmap 4. Put together your presentation
- 5. 7 steps to ensure a successful CISO transition - CISOs can play a critical role transitioning their replacements to the job and build a great reputation in the process. Follow this advice to ensure security operations don't miss a beat. 1. Be open, candid, and positive 2. Create a transition plan 3. Brief the new CISO on business and security activities 4. Provide documentation of security tools and practices 5. Be honest but factual about organizational and staffing issues 6. Involve stakeholders in the onboarding process 7. Step away, but follow up
- 6. The Dark Side Of Authentic Leadership - Contrary to popular belief, effective leaders are rarely authentic, and authentic leaders can be brutally ineffective. While we hate to admit it, the ability to fake it is a critical ingredient of leadership potential.