The Ukraine, Conti, Pandora, BYOD, Crypto ATMS, & Pirate Hunting – SWN #195
Full episode and show notes
This week Dr. Doug talks: ASCII Porn, Pirate Hunting, The Ukraine, Conti, Pandora, Mobile Device Hell, and Crypto ATMs, along with Jason Wood on this edition of the Security Weekly News!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. VPN provider bans BitTorrent after getting sued by film studios
- 2. Fake antivirus updates used to deploy Cobalt Strike in Ukraine
- 3. ‘For the first time in history anyone can join a war’: Volunteers join Russia-Ukraine cyber fight
- 4. Silicon Valley companies have been rewriting their rules during the war in Ukraine. Russia is retaliating.
- 5. Staff Think Conti Group Is a Legit Employer – Podcast
- 6. Pandora Ransomware Hits Giant Automotive Supplier Denso
- 7. Mobile Threats Skyrocket
- 8. Cryptocoin ATMs ruled illegal – “Shut down at once”, says regulator
Senior Researcher at CrowdStrike