Virtual Crime, War-Driving, SEO Poisoning, QR Codes Phishing, & Meta – Wrap Up – SWN #162
Full episode and show notes
This week in the Security News Wrap Up, Dr. Doug talks: Virtual crime, wardriving, Iran, SEO, QR Code Attacks, Avast, CISA, Windows 11, Zuck strikes back, & more!
Professor at Roger Williams University
- 1. Groove ransomware calls on all extortion gangs to attack US interests
- 2. War-Driving Technique Allows Wi-Fi Password-Cracking at Scale
- 3. Cyberattack Cripples Iranian Fuel Distribution Network
- 4. Ransomware gangs use SEO poisoning to infect visitors
- 5. QR Codes Help Attackers Sneak Emails Past Security Controls
- 6. Free decryptor released for Atom Silo and LockFile ransomware
- 7. NSA and CISA share guidance on securing 5G cloud infrastructure
- 8. Microsoft now rolling out Windows 11 to more eligible devices
- 9. Mark Zuckerberg just laid out his vision for the metaverse. These are the five things you should know.