WallStreetBets – Hacking the Hedge Funds – BSW #204
Everyone has heard the GameStop frenzy by now, but what's it all about. How did a group of Reddit users hack the financial system and squeeze the hedge funds? We're going to discuss the details behind r/wallstreetbets and how they hacked the hedge funds.
Don't miss any of your favorite Security Weekly content! Visit https://securityweekly.com/subscribe to subscribe to any of our podcast feeds and have all new episodes downloaded right to your phone! You can also join our mailing list, Discord server, and follow us on social media & our streaming platforms!
If you missed Security Weekly Unlocked, you can now access all of the content on-demand, whether you registered before the live event or not, by visiting https://securityweekly.com/unlocked and clicking either the button to register or the button to login!
- 1. So What Is Short Selling? An Explainer
- 2. For Elon Musk And Others: How Short Selling Works
- 3. This analogy perfectly explains what short selling is and why hedge funds are hurting right now
- 4. Short selling: What it is, why it’s risky and how the ‘squeeze’ happens
- 5. Melvin Capital – Wikipedia
- 6. Citadel LLC – Wikipedia
- 7. How r/WallStreetBets took down a hedge fund and rode GameStop stock to the moon ????
- 8. How GameStop became the perfect ‘meme stock’ for r/WallStreetBets
- 9. Robinhood (company) – Wikipedia