WeHackPurple, DevSecOps Evolution, Product-Led Growth, & 10 Security Startups – ESW #272
In the Enterprise Security News, Veza raises $110M for Data Security, Traceable raises $60M for API Security, 10 other security startups get funded, Synopsis buys Whitehat for $330M, HackerOne approves a PullRequest, Bright Security acquires WeHackPurple, LexusNexis acquires BehaviorSec, JupiterOne continues to release some compelling books, the DevSecOps evolution, the future of Product-Led Growth, & more!
Don't miss any of your favorite Security Weekly content! Visit https://securityweekly.com/subscribe to subscribe to any of our podcast feeds and have all new episodes downloaded right to your phone! You can also join our mailing list, Discord server, and follow us on social media & our streaming platforms!
Don't forget to check out our library of on-demand webcasts & technical trainings at securityweekly.com/ondemand.
- 1. FUNDING: Veza, the Data Security Company Built On The Power of Authorization, Emerges from Stealth and Announces $110 Million in Funding
- 2. FUNDING: Traceable Enters Next Phase of Growth to Deliver Hyperscale API Security$60M Series B, $450M valuation, led by Institutional Venture Partners. Product focuses on "API security & observability".
- 3. FUNDING: Strider Technologies Raises $45 Million Led by Valor Equity Partners
- 4. FUNDING: Source Defense Raises $27M, Aims To Beef Up Channel Relationships
- 5. FUNDING: Smallstep Secures $26M in Funding to Further Practical Zero Trust by Automating Certificate Management
- 6. FUNDING: Enveil Secures $25 Million in Series B Funding
- 7. FUNDING: Intigriti secures more than €21M in Series B funding – Intigriti
- 8. FUNDING: Fleet nabs $20M to help enterprises manage their devices – TechCrunch
- 9. FUNDING: World’s First DDoS Risk Assessment Product – Israeli Cybersecurity Company MazeBolt Announces $10 Million in Funding
- 10. FUNDING: Hubble Technology Banks $9 Million for Asset Visibility Platform
- 11. FUNDING: Doppler expands secrets management to the enterprise with $6.5M in funding
- 12. FUNDING: Rita Personal Data Raises €1 Million in pre-Seed Round
- 13. ACQUISITIONS: Synopsys Buying WhiteHat Security from NTT for $330 MillionWhiteHat Security Was acquired in 2019 by NTT Security, but apparently wasn't material enough for the deal price to get reported. We were able to find estimates of revenue ranging from $60-65M, which puts the multiple here between 5x and 5.5x. The deal makes sense for Synopsys and rounds out the company's appsec offerings.
- 14. ACQUISITIONS: HackerOne Acquires PullRequest to Power Developer-First Security Testing Solutions
- 15. ACQUISITIONS: We Hack Purple, Acquired by Bright Security!
- 16. ACQUISITIONS: Sabanci Acquires OT Security Vendor Radiflow – Radiflow
- 17. ACQUISITIONS: LexisNexis Risk Solutions Acquires Behavioral Biometric Innovator BehavioSec
- 18. NEW PRODUCTS: Uptycs Strengthens Cloud Security Offering with Cloud Identity and Entitlement Management (CIEM), Announces Multi-Cloud Support
- 19. EVENTS: Innovation SandboxProbably my favorite RSAC moment every year, Innovation Sandbox is a shark tank-style contest where ten security startup finalists pitch to a panel of judges with a harshly-enforced 3 minute time limit. This year, it will be happening at Noon on Monday (June 6th). Previous winners include Apiiro, Axonius, BigID, and Phantom. The finalists include: Araali Networks (Container Security) BastionZero (Remote Access) Cado (Cloud Incident Response Platform) Cycode (AppSec and Data Leakage Detection) Dasera (Data Security) Lightspin (CNAPP Security) Neosec (API Security) Sevco (SOARv2) Talon (Enterprise Browser) Torq (SOARv2)
- 20. NEW BOOKS: JupiterOne Releases ‘Reinventing Cybersecurity’ Book, A Collection of Stories from Female and Non-Binary Security Practitioners Challenging The Status Quo
- 21. GOOD READS: The VC View: The DevSecOps Evolution and Getting “Shift Left” Right
- 22. GOOD READS: The Future of Product-Led Growth Might Be Hiding Where You Least Expect It – OpenView
- 23. REGULATIONS: New US Breach Reporting Rules for Banks Take Effect May 1