Startup Articles & Discussion
- 3 Reasons Why a Side Hustle Can Make a Huge Impact in Your Career
- Actually, We Don’t Need More Empathy
- You Are not the User: The False-Consensus Effect
- When Are Consumers Most Likely to Feel Overwhelmed by Their Options?
- Three Myths About Successful Founders That Just Won’t Die
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
What Happens When You Sell Your Startup?
- Common mistake for entrepreneurs to avoid thinking about the exit
- “participating preferred shareholders are entitled to receive their initial investment, plus a pro rata share of the remaining capital in a liquidation event.”
Zscalers files IPO (confidentially)
- Considered a unicorn valued at $1B or more
- Rumored to IPO by year-end
Crowdstrike raised $25M in Series D (continued)
- Looks like part of the larger $100M series D from May
- Raised $265.3M over 5 rounds since 2011
MetricStream raised $65M in Equity
- Looks like over $250M in multiple rounds since 2006
- Revenue consensus is ~ $40M
- MetricStream develops a software that provides governance, risk, compliance and quality management solutions for businesses.
Skybox takes $150M in Equity
- Skybox Security provides cybersecurity management solutions for financial services, retail and healthcare industries.
- $286.2M in funding over 10 rounds - lots of equity rounds - since 2002
Proofpoint acquires Cloudmark for $110Mhttps://techcrunch.com/2017/11/07/proofpoint-acquires-cloudmark-for-100m-in-cybersecurity-consolidation-play/
- Cloudmark raised $38.5M over 3 rounds (between 2003 - 2010)
- Revenue consensus was $20M (take with grain of salt)