The top ten finalists have been announced for the SC Magazine Security Innovators Throwdown, part of the second annual SC World Congress, Oct. 13 and 14 in New York City.
The Security Innovators Throwdown judges have based their determinations on which vendors had the most rhobust business plans and tools to attract buyer interest and financial investment.
The finalists are:
- 01 Communications for its DNAOS Information Entitlement Network Appliances and web services.
- Envision, for development of a SaaS suite of on-line applications, tools, and reference material.
- HyTrust for its control and visibility for virtual infrastructure.
- Oblique Drive for its mobile data and file sharing technology.
- Purewire for its SaaS-based secure web gateway.
- Silver Tail for its technology enabling detection of new fraudulent behavior on websites.
- SMS Passcode for its two-factor authentication systems using the mobile phone SMS to create real-time two-factor authentication.
- Triumfant for its technology for detection, analysis and remediation of attacks.
- Xybershield for its web application security solution.
- Yubi Key for its hardware authentication token technology.
The finalists will make their pitch to a judging panel at the 2009 SC World Congress. Each finalist will have five minutes to make their pitch and will be obligated to answer follow-up questions from the panel after their presentation. Each will then be awarded a score based on a set of pre-defined criteria.
The top five innovators from the Security Innovators Throwdown will then be featured in a special section of SC Magazine after the SC World Congress. The special section will discuss the evolution of the information security market and the innovators' places in it. The ultimate goal is to help identify and foster notable cybersecurity technologies and services.
The Security Innovators Throwdown will open for two hours each day of the SC World Congress on the trade show floor.