SC World Congress: A show is born
We here at SC Magazine extend a hearty thank you to the sponsors, exhibitors, delegates and attendees for being part of a tremendous inaugural event.
1. Illena Armstrong, editor-in-chief, SC Magazine, opens the the SC World Congress,
introducing a plenary session, Getting our heads around cybersecurity.
2. Peter Stephenson, technology editor, SC Magazine, demonstrates how products are tested and evaluated for reviews in the magazine.
3. Activity was busy on the expo floor as attendees sampled the latest products and services from nearly 60 vendors.
4. Rod Beckstrom, director of the National Cyber Security Center in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, delivers a keynote, A view from the top.
5. Marcus Sachs, Verizon, and Lt. General Harry D. Raduege Jr., Deloitte & Touche, were among the panelists discussing the Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th Presidency.
6. Mohd Noor Amin, IMPACT, Shawn Henry, FBI, and Alexander Seger, Council of
Europe, discussed the international response to cyberterrorism. Howard Schmidt moderated the panel.
7. Two attendees catch up on email.
8. Jacob Olcott, Committee on Homeland Security, and Kimberly Kiefer Peretti, senior counsel, Department of Justice, discuss the state of the state on security.
Click on scworldcongress.com for more reports, photos and video from the inaugural SC World Congress. Also, more information about next year's event will be posted shortly.
From the - January 2009 Issue of SCMagazine »