Former CISO Akron Children’s Hospital
Former CISO Westfield Insurance
With more than 20 years of information security experience, Troy Stairwalt’s expertise includes Cybersecurity Strategy, Program management, Information Security analysis, engineering, IT risk assessment, data privacy, cybersecurity architecture and cyber forensic investigations. Looking for ways to empower others and give back by sharing his knowledge, Troy spent several years volunteering with a group of internationally recognized experts to write, review and revise both the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certification exam questions, answers and plausible distractors to help the next generation of experts remain current with industry best practices. As these exams are administered internationally the questions and answers had to maintain technology, cultural and regulatory independence. In addition, Troy was asked to provide mentorship for SANS 504 course, Hacking Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling. Troy currently teaches Cybersecurity and auditing information systems at the University of Akron.
Graduating summa cum laude, Troy obtained his master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Ashland University.
Troy’s professional credentials include:
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
• Insider Threat Program Manager (ITPM)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
• Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)