Building successful products, the most important startup question, and updates from McAfee, Slack, ThreatStack, JASK, and more startup security news!
Startup Articles & Discussion
- SECRETS TO BUILDING SUCCESSFUL PRODUCTS IN 2017: EXPERTS WEIGH IN ==> focus, focus, focus
- Hiring For A Discipline You Know Little About ==> Do the job first, then work yourself out of it - good advice for a career, too.
- The Most Important Startup Question ==>
- Former Yelp COO explains how to survive 'the valley of death' at a startup ==> Let’s explore #4 a bit better to avoid some common mistakes (need to write about it, too)
- At Burning Man while your startup burns ==> This isn’t just about burning man. What do you actually need to go to, versus the need to invest your time and attention to the business
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Slack raised $250M in Series G at $5B valuation
- Valued at $3.8B in April 2016 (when it took $200M)
McAfee raised $4.8B in Debt
SecureAuth acquired for $225 million, will merge with Core Security
- SecureAuth is a provider of single sign-on, adaptive access control and identity management solutions for businesses.
- Core Security is a security intelligence platform that offers vulnerability and risk management solutions for media, education and other industries.
Digital Shadows raised $26M Series C
- Digital Shadows develops a digital risk management platform that allows users to monitor, identify and manage data exposure and cyber threats
- $48M (or more?) over three (or more?) rounds since 2015
ThreatStack raised $45M series C
- Threat Stack is a cybersecurity company that develops an intrusion detection platform to monitor, assess and mitigate risks in cloud infrastructures.
- https://www.threatstack.com —> gain visibility. Interesting.
- $72.3M since 8/2013 across Seed, Series A x 2, Series B and now Series C
EiQ rebrands as Cygilant, raised $7M in equity
- Cygilant is a security operation and analytics platform that identifies threats, mitigate risks and provides compliance services.
- $39M since 2009 across a variety of rounds, debt, and equity
Evident raised $8.8M Series A
- Note: this is not evident.io —> AWKWARD
- Evident is a cloud-based platform that allows businesses to check and verify individual’s certifications, criminal and financial background information.
- https://www.evidentid.com —> does this homepage share their value proposition?
Aqua Security raised $25M Series B
- Aqua develops a container security platform that enables enterprises to secure their virtual container environments from development to production.
- $4M series A (7/2015), $9M Series A (9/2016), $25M Series B (9/2017)
JASK raised UNDISCLOSED in UNATTRIBUTED round
- JASK is an artificial intelligence-based cybersecurity platform that offers automated threat detection and network monitoring solutions.
- Already raised: $2.2M in equity, $2.5M seed, $12M in A round in June 2017
Capsule8 raised $6M in Series A
- Capsule8 develops and provides a cyber attack protection and response platform for cloud-native environments.
- $2.5M seed in February, $6M series A in September
Bastille raised $27M in Series B
- Bastille develops sensor integrated platform that senses, identifies and localizes threats affecting network infrastructure.
- $43.5M since 2014 across angel, series A, grant, and Series B