We are thrilled to open nominations for SC Media's 2023 Women in IT Security program. In its’ tenth year, this program celebrates women who display expertise, devotion, influence and resilience in the field of cybersecurity.
CRA's Heidi Murphy
I want to not just welcome you to get engaged with this program, but encourage the larger IT community to nominate women leaders, entrepreneurs, rising stars and advocates. The 2023 Women in IT Security program nomination form can be found here and additional details are located here.
Each year, SC Media pays tribute to women who have risen above challenges and made their mark in an industry that is often dominated by men. These women exemplify the benefits and necessity of female representation within both vendor and practitioner communities. They stand as testament to the growth that perseverance can drive; the fresh perspectives that diverse life experiences offer; and the leadership qualities that can often emerge from overcoming professional obstacles. These women are true advocates for nurturing new talent.
In no uncertain terms, the past year has shown us that the cybersecurity community cannot afford to disregard today's or tomorrow's women leaders and influencers.
Spotlighting all Women in IT
Come September, we will be honoring the 2023 Women in IT Security awardees, encompassing influential figures and budding talents, through SC Media's extensive digital platform. This will include in-depth analysis of current issues women face, interviews with change-makers, and profiles of our esteemed honorees. I'm also delighted to share that the SC Women in IT Security program will receive special acknowledgment as we celebrate honorees with a special event. More details will follow here, so stay tuned!
Now, for the crucial bit: nominating a candidate, or yourself, who has served as a catalyst for progress in the past year.
When nominating, consider these questions:
- How has this individual contributed over the past year to improving the security of systems and networks within their own organization or the broader cybersecurity community?
- How has this individual empowered other women in the cybersecurity community or those interested in joining it?
- How has this individual overcome hurdles and challenges to ensure her voice is heard?
Deadline to nominate
Follow this link to nominate your candidate no later than August 4. Next, our SC Media Women in IT Security advisory board, will review the nominations and may reach out for further information.
Ideally, nominees are women who have made an impactful contribution to cybersecurity. We strive honor those exceptional women who exceed expectations, showcase leadership and are making a positive impact.
Women from the end-users, vendors and those representing the researcher community will be recognized across four categories:
- Cybersecurity Veterans have delivered consistent performance and innovation over long careers.
- Power Players who through market engagement and commitment have risen to positions of influence.
- Advocates have advanced cybersecurity awareness and served as beacons for expansion and diversity in the field.
- Women to Watch are commanding attention as drivers of the industry’s next wave of growth and innovation.