Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
Best Cloud Computing Security
These technologies are deployed to protect data and/or applications deployed in a cloud environment. They may also protect the cloud computing infrastructure itself. Cloud computing security concerns are numerous for both providers and their customers, and include security and privacy worries, compliance issues and legal/contractual problems. Solutions or services in this category can provide for the protection of data or applications in the cloud, protection for traffic flowing between companies and their cloud service providers, policy management and encryption capabilities, privileged user access and controls or more.
- IBM Corporation for IBM Cloud Security Solutions
- McAfee for McAfee Cloud Security Platform
- RSA Security, Inc. for RSA Solution for Cloud Security and Compliance
- Symantec Corporation for Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud
- Trend Micro, Inc. for Trend Micro SecureCloud
Best Computer Forensics Tool
Products in this category fall into two sub-categories: network and media. The network tools must be exclusively intended for forensic analysis of network events/data. If the product is a SIEM with forensic capabilities, it should be placed in the SIEM category. Media tools cover just about all other non-network forensic tools, including those tools that collect data from media over the network and live forensics tools. This also includes specialized forensic tools that are not intended t analyze network data.
- AccessData Group for Forensic Toolkit (FTK)
- Guidance Software, Inc. for EnCase®
- MANDIANT for MANDIANT Intelligent Response 2.0
- Quest Software, Inc. for Quest ChangeAuditor
- RSA NetWitness for RSA NetWitness 9.6