Enterprise Security Weekly #236
1. Need for CyberSecurity Training Programs/Role Cyber Professionals Play – Da-Wyone Haynes – ESW #236
Brief chat around the rise in Ransomware attacks, campaigns against our Infrastructure, the deficit in Cyber Talent, and how we could address the issue by extending Corporate Cyber Training programs to extend past the Corporate boundary.
https://www.aegon.com/home/ https://talklou.com/ https://www.infragardnational.org/ https://inl.gov/critical-infrastructure-protection-training/ https://www.ymcalouisville.org/chestnut/kids-and-teens/black-achievers.html https://www.techgirlz.org/
In an overabundance of caution, we have decided to flip this year’s SW Unlocked to a virtual format. The safety of our listeners and hosts is our number one priority. We will miss seeing you all in person, but we hope you can still join us at Security Weekly Unlocked Virtual! The event will now take place on Thursday, Dec 16 from 9am-6pm ET. You can still register for free at https://securityweekly.com/unlocked.
Da-Wyone Haynes is a Consultant for the Data Analytics and Monitoring team for US-Based Transamerica and Dutch International Company AEGON N.V. His career spans over 35+ years in Information Technology with United Parcel Service, Sarcom, and 24 years with Transamerica fulfilling just about every Distributed Technology role (Desktop, Network, Server, Automation, Monitoring, etc.) culminating in his appointment to the Global Security Team in defending the Organization against infiltration from hackers and criminal “nation state” actors.
Additionally, Da-Wyone is the Kentucky InfraGard President as well as a Board Member of the Technology Association of Louisville Kentucky (TALK) – a member organization of TECNA – engaged in Cyber Security, Healthcare, and all things Technology.
Da-Wyone holds both an A.S. and B.S. from the University of Louisville’s Speed Engineering School; he is a 2-year Football Letterman, and currently serves as President of the University of Louisville Athletic Department Letterwinner’s Club.
2. Tanium for Incidents: How the Best Defense Gets Better: Part 2 – Stephanie Aceves – ESW #236
Security starts before detection, it starts before investigations. Mature security teams understand the importance of good hygiene and take proactive measures to secure themselves against the ever-increasing threat landscape. Join us this week as Stephanie Aceves, Threat Response SME Lead, talks through a holistic approach to security using the Tanium platform approach. Learn why the best security teams rely heavily on Tanium to get smarter, faster, better in responding to threats and how your organizations can do the same.
For folks interested in a trial of Tanium, check out https://try.tanium.com/
To stay connected with Tanium's Endpoint Security Specialist team, join our community site: https://community.tanium.com/s/ues-discussion-group
or find us on Slack: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf56reMK4BQPkoLO4MTp-QPMJsxOlJD-MqargZxhW3kNsA3dA/viewform?usp=sf_link
This segment is sponsored by Tanium.
Visit https://securityweekly.com/tanium to learn more about them!
CyberRisk Alliance, in partnership with InfraGard, has launched the Critical Infrastructure Resilience Benchmark study. Measure your readiness for ransomware by completing the survey and getting your score. Visit https://securityweekly.com/CIRB to take the survey
Stephanie is a Senior Director and the Threat Response SME Lead at Tanium. In this role, she works closely with devs, product management, engineers and customers to use Tanium for their security needs. Prior to Tanium, she was a part of EY’s Cyber Threat Management, both on the Incident Response and Red Team/Vulnerability Identification teams. Before leaving EY to work for Tanium, Stephanie led red team (ethical hacking) engagements for clients in a wide range of industries. She has obtained GIAC certifications for both forensic examination and penetration testing.
Stephanie is a proud Latina and has made it a personal mission to help minorities be unapologetically themselves in tech. She has awarded an annual scholarship to Latinas pursuing an education in STEM for the last 5 years in an effort to pay forward the support she’s received over the years. She believes that anyone with a desire to work in cyber security should have access to the resources they need to make that possible. She meets with aspiring cyber professionals regularly to continue investing in future generations.
3. Aqua Security, Clearview AI, Threat Stack EKS Support, & Security Summit 2021 – ESW #236
This week in the Enterprise News: Aqua Security Introduces new Aqua Platform, Decryption Tools, Security Summit 2021: Google expands Trusted Cloud, Clearview AI raises $30M to accelerate growth in image-search technology, & more!
Don't miss any of your favorite Security Weekly content! Visit https://securityweekly.com/subscribe to subscribe to any of our podcast feeds and have all new episodes downloaded right to your phone! You can also join our mailing list, Discord server, and follow us on social media & our streaming platforms!
Don't forget to check out our library of on-demand webcasts & technical trainings at securityweekly.com/ondemand.
- 1. Spectro Cloud raises $20M to improve its product and services for customers – Help Net Security
- 2. Aqua Security Releases Cloud Native Security Platform
- 3. CrowdStrike Falcon X Recon+ Expands Unmatched Threat Intelligence Suite, Delivering Managed Protection Against Dark Web Threats and Digital Risk
- 4. TrapX Extends Attack Surface Coverage to Containers with DeceptionGrid 7.2
- 5. Threat Stack Announces Support for Amazon EKS on AWS Fargate
- 6. ZeroFox Launches New External Threat Hunting Module within Platform, Empowering Analysts with Direct Access to Full-Spectrum Threat Intelligence Data Lake
- 8. Blue Hexagon integrates with AWS Network Firewall to offer protection against unknown cloud threats – Help Net Security
- 9. Aqua Security Introduces new Aqua Platform
- 10. Clearview AI raises $30M to accelerate growth in image-search technology – Help Net Security
- 1. FUNDING: Accel doubles down on 1Password, which just raised $100M more at a $2B valuationThis Series B (!!!) brings the total funding for 1Password to $300m, all raised within the last 2 years! There's also a total of THIRTEEN investors participating in this round - very popular. I also missed that 1Password nabbed a secrets management acquisition in April, called SecretHub. More and more, we're seeing 1Password move into the enterprise space.
- 2. FUNDING: Blameless raises $30M to guide companies through their software lifecycle – TechCrunch
- 3. ACQUISITION: Microsoft acquires CloudKnox Security to offer unified privileged access and cloud entitlement management – The Official Microsoft Blog
- 4. TOOLS: Security Summit 2021: Google expands Trusted Cloud
- 5. ACQUISITION: Salesforce Completes Acquisition of Slack – Salesforce News
- 6. TRENDS: No More Ransom project helps thousands of ransomware victims
- 7. TRENDS: Ransomware: Here’s how much victims have saved in ransom payments by using these free decryption tools