Data breaches are more pervasive and more damaging than ever. Effective, fast forensic investigation of data breaches and other incidents can help organizations minimize the reputational and financial costs of breaches while also reducing potential consequences of regulatory and legal action.
Best-of-breed solutions on the market allow investigators to conduct key tasks remotely, securely, and in a forensically sound manner.
- Reduce costs by eliminating the need for shipping physical devices
- Meet regulatory, criminal, and civil standards for chain of custody with forensically sound techniques
- Conduct investigations at scale with volatile data collection from up to 20,000 remote endpoints at once
Key Features and Capabilities to Look For:
- Remote Collection—The ability to collect data from both off-network and remote devices—both Windows and Mac—is necessary because of the increasingly work-from-home workforce. You can also eliminate the expense of shipping devices and securely transmit collected data to validated servers in a legally defensible manner.
- Identify Indicators of Compromise— Investigate ransomware attacks, data breaches, or insider threats by scanning for indicators of compromise (IOCs), YARA rules, and MISP indicators. Move beyond basic incident response by detecting and analyzing suspicious activity, traffic, applications, and processes.
- Automate Incident Response—Connect digital forensic products to your SIEM/ SOAR cybersecurity monitoring technology to trigger automatic endpoint collection in response to incidents. Plug exploits, prevent subsequent attacks, and preserve electronic evidence automatically rather than employing time-intensive manual processes.
- Comprehensive Mac Capabilities—Collect from Macs efficiently without compromising endpoint performance. Look for solutions that offer unmatched support for Mac data types, Apple Mail, iMessage and iWork files, and Mac artifacts.