Public sector agencies aren’t immune to the data risks private enterprises face. In fact, the confidential and sensitive data maintained in public agencies pose unique data risks.
In today’s environment with more remote endpoints, more security vulnerabilities, more bad actors, more data, and more regulations, public agencies need a forensic solution that can:
- Offer forensically sound collection at scale
- Collect from remote, off-network sources
- Conduct live remote memory analysis
- Provide comprehensive system and user activity logs
- Initiate automated workflows in response to incidents
Conduct Forensic Investigations
Insider threats pose significant risks to public sector agencies, but they are not the only focus of internal investigations. Human resources needs the ability to investigate allegations of harassment, workplace misconduct, or time theft. IT must detect and respond to the inappropriate use of technology before it compromises valuable data. And traditional deadbox forensic investigations are time-consuming, resource-intensive, and often impractical.
How Agencies Benefit:
- Eliminate delays from imaging whole disks with live memory analysis
- Reduce costs by eliminating physical device deliveries
- Discreetly collect evidence of fraud or misconduct from hidden files
- Identify misuse or gaps in device usage with event parsing and login tracking
- Collect and preserve data forensically for use in potential employment litigation
Respond to Cybersecurity Incidents and Data Breaches
Public agencies maintain databases of sensitive private information: identity verification, health records, tax or financial information, and more. Moving data, especially with remote workforces, poses significant risks. Forensic technology can help public sector agencies reduce the risks posed by data leakage caused by human error and potential breaches by external bad actors with defined, defensible response plans.
How Agencies Benefit:
- Minimize the impact of incidents with automated response processes
- Monitor and collect from in-network, offline, and cloud data sources
- Identify and rectify causes of data exfiltration
- Find sensitive information in insecure locations to remediate risks
- Reduce risk of future events by proactively scanning for known hacks
- Modernize security to align with the May 12, 2021, Presidential Order on Cybersecurity
Find out how FTK Enterprise and the entire FTK software suite can help your agency today.